Gold Star Matthew Bears
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
We would love to provide bears to all of you who are mourning the loss of someone special. However, we are a very small group and are doing this just for fallen service member’s families and those who have died in the performance of their duties.
Bruce, Colton and Levi Frausto receive bears made from uniforms of uncle, Fallen medic Spc. Shannon Chihuahua. Gold Star Sibling and mother of the boys, Jessica Chihuahua Frausto, and her husband, Riley, smile as they receive the bears.
To Request Bears:
- Send request to email@example.com
- name of the fallen and a copy of the DD1300 showing KIA or line of duty ruling
- names of persons to whom bears are to be given and their relationship to the fallen
- address(es) where bears are to be sent
- your name and contact information.
- you will be told where to send the uniform.
If you are unable to email all of this, please send it to Freeman Project, PO Box 1608, Richmond Hill, GA 31324. You will be matched up with a seamstress as soon as we get things organized. Bears are free to the families. Donations are greatly appreciated.
To volunteer your sewing help:
- Send your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the following:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone #, email
- Skill level
You will be sent a packet of what you will need to complete the bears. We are creating a database to match you up with a family. Please keep your receipts for materials and shipping. You can either turn them into us for reimbursement or you can use them as a charitable deduction on your personal income taxes.
In honor of son, brother and husband, Capt. Matthew Freeman, USMC.
KIA Afghanistan 8/7/2009